Free School Meals
If you have any of the following benefits you should be entitled to Free School Meals for all your children.
Eligible benefits are:
• Income Support (IS)
• Income based & Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) on an equal basis.
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
• Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit WITHOUT Working Tax Credit (WTC) and annual income below £16,190 a year
• Entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (for a further four weeks after no longer qualifying for WTC)
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you qualify for any of the above there is now a new and easy way to apply for Free School Meals.
Parents and carers with parental responsibility may apply on-line at Citizen Portal
This system is discrete and will give you an instantaneous decision on your eligibility. You will then bring in a screen-shot or printed copy to prove eligibility to our school. The school will no longer be able to accept paper copy application forms. If you have any problems please telephone 0345 155 1019.